
I can make bread!!! Yippee! Earlier this year, I even borrowed Shela's breadmaker to try to make homemade bread. Let's just say it didn't work out so well. My mom got me a stand up mixer for Christmas that has a dough hook attachment. So, I tried it out. The bread looks magazine pretty from this side, the other side doesn't look so good. But, it tastes great. I think I might just to have to try making biscuits again. I've been working on that for 9 years now and still can't get them right. They're not nasty, but they're not very tasty either. Maybe the dough hook is the answer.

I haven't made homemade pizza for awhile - I don't like the mess I make when I mix and knead dough. So, it was nice to mix this up in the mixer, and it didn't take as long either. This is my favorite pizza- ham and pineapple. The crust around the edges doesn't look too pretty - I have yet to figure out how to make the dough fit the pan.

This pizza had pepporoni, black olive, banana peppers, ham, and onion. Both pizzas were ok, but the dough tasted floury and wasn't crispy. I'll have to work on that. Maybe I should cook the dough a little before putting the toppings on. Does anyone have any suggestions?
2 comments:
Hey Betty Crocker! I would be afraid to give advice on baking. My biscuits are out of a can, my pizzas are out of a box, and I've never attempted bread! I have made homemade biscuits once, and Nathan seemed to like them or he was just being nice:) Occasionally, I do make a homemade pizza, but what a mess it makes!! All the pictures look really tasty. Maybe I should invest in one of those gadgets!
Dee-lish!! I haven't made homemade pizzas in forever! You go Paula Dean.. :o)
Post a Comment