Our Christmas celebrations started last Sunday (the 21st) with a get-together with Jeremy's family from Louisville. We had a wonderful meal and many laughs thanks to a new Nerf gun that Jacob received. I think everyone took a turn shooting that thing!! Most were also the target at some time or the other:)
Tomorrow we'll have breakfast at Shela's house with all the family. This is probably what Jeremy and I look the most forward too. Everyone will eat too much and then we'll go downstairs to see just how big of a mess that we can make with all the wrapping paper:) We open presents based on age, and I'm so glad that I am the 5th one in line this year! My first Christmas in the family I was the second in line - right after Matthew. I got teased about that just a little bit!! The kids usually open all of theirs at once, but then the adults open one at a time. I love it! It makes present opening go so much longer! We'll take a couple of breaks to get some bubbly (non-alcoholic of course) and go to the bathroom. The celebration lasts into the afternoon. I guess I should mention a family tradition - someone's behind will get taped up close and personal and I'm sure that there will be mention of poop. I can't believe I just wrote that, but it's the truth! Shela will then get out the pine tree air freshener. I already know that it's going to be a great day!
We'll open presents here at home on Christmas morning and then will go to my mom's to have lunch with my parents and brother. After that, we'll stop by my grandparents for a short visit. Then, I'm sure we'll be back at Shela's for a while.
Whew! What a long day! I don't mind though - it's only one day a year!
On the 26th, we'll journey up to Scottsville to have lunch with my dad's parents.
And then sadly Christmas will be over. However, I'll still have a week off of work. That is one of the perks of being a teacher.
2 comments:
Are you kidding?! Our family talk about poop!! NO WAY!! And who needs air freshener with the Vincent boys around? That's got to be another joke!!!!
I'm not even going to ask what all goes on at Shela's!! But it does sound like there's plenty of laughter!
Post a Comment