Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

 Jeremy and I were out shopping our first Christmas as a married couple and saw these at Hallmark.  I fell in love with them.  Rudolph was my favorite Christmas show growing up and these look just like the characters in the story.   They were expensive - around 25.00 per piece so I was very hesitant about saying I wanted them.   I told Jeremy that we should buy one piece a year and build our collection.  He said that was a good idea.  We left the store empty handed that night but on a later shopping trip we went to look at them and Jeremy bought me the whole set .   He sure can be a sweetie sometimes!     We went back the next year looking for another piece to add, but was told that they weren't being made anymore!  
These are our stockings.  I also got them for the first Christmas that we were married. Can you believe that this was my first stocking?  We didn't have stockings  at my parent's house.  It's so fun to see what I can cram inside!  I'm not kidding - our stockings are usually so full that all the stuff's falling out!  My mom got Hannah her stocking.  Right underneath where it says, "It's a Girl" the year is written on little charms.  The charms are turned under so you can't see it in the picture (oops) .  After Christmas, I'll probably go shopping for a big girl stocking for next year. 
This is my VERY favorite Christmas ornament!  Hmm - wonder why??? That Christmas was so special!   We got this ornament at Opry Mills when we went to see Santa for the first time.  
And, last but not least the ornament that started it all!  This was the first ornament we bought as a married couple.   Gosh, that's been ages ago!  It's fun to think back and remember our first Christmas as a married couple.   We were so anxious to exchange presents that we opened some on Christmas Eve night!  

What a difference almost 9 years and a baby make.  I think that we're getting old - like grandma and grandpa old - seriously.  You know how the older folk are ok with small everyday gifts - like socks. Yep - thats us!   


1 comment:

Heather said...

Pretty keepsakes! I love your Rudolph collection. I know what you mean about the sock thing. I ask for some of the funniest things but it things I need. As long as the kids are happy. That's what makes it fun.