We celebrated last night with our traditional New Year's Eve menu - chips, dip ( a couple different kinds - hot and cold), shrimp cocktail, and sherbert punch. There were also a couple of other appetizery foods, but the ones I listed are our staples each year. As I type this (at almost 11:00) I'm eating an early lunch of leftovers. I didn't wake up until 10:00! That's way late for me, but I didn't get in the bed until after 1:00.
It was late by the time that Shela, Jonathan, and Tiffany got here, so the celebration didn't last very long. We ate and then Hannah and I colored while everyone else played Mille Bornes. We chatted and waited for the ball to drop and then soon after everyone had to go their separate ways. It's amazing - no one fell asleep - not even Hannah. She'd had a normal hour nap, but was still going strong even at 1:00 and didn't want to go to bed. She loves having a party (as she calls it) and when we went to bed she told me that she liked her birthday party! How sweet! Of course, I had to smother her in kisses after that.
As I say every year, I'd much rather spend New Year's Eve with family than going out somewhere, surrounded by drunk or soon-to-be-drunk people.
My plans for New Years's Day: wash up the few dirty dishes from last night, cook pinto beans(with a hambone in it -yum!) and fold a little bit of laundry. Besides that, I'm going to stay in my pajamas, read, and watch Wall-E with Hannah.
We've had quite a few family get-togethers lately and I love it.Hannah loves playing with her cousins and of course I like to chat with everyone. From looking at the calendar, we'll have a couple of weeks off and then it's back to party-time. Shela's birthday, SuperBowl Sunday, and Jeremy's 30th birthday are all coming up!
3 comments:
Aren't you all a partying bunch! ha ha Sounds like you had a great New Year's Eve. Happy 2009!
Sounds like you guys had fun (and good food!) Let me know how you like Wall-E. We haven't seen it yet.
Sounds like ya'll had one happening party! Isn't it funny the way the little ones hang in there till the new year?! We had a 2 1/2 year old at our to-do and she was going strong at midnight :o)
Looking forward to the upcoming parties! But...we're gonna have to have some diet-friendly yum-yums!
Post a Comment