Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Icy Day

Here's the view from our back porch. I took this pretty early - the sun's not all the way up yet.

Here's a limb from the front yard.



Another view from the front porch.




Beside the swing set is the top of one of the trees along the fence line. At first I thought it was just a big limb, but it's the whole top of a tree.


Hannah and I have enjoyed the "ice day". She's entertained herself most of the day by watching tv and playing in her room. She was so glad to stay at home today. When I dropped her off at my mom's yesterday she was not a happy little girl. When I picked her up she told me that she "cry, cry, cry cause momma hadta go to school". Then she said, "Nana hold me make me better". Last night before we went to bed she looked at me and said, "No school 'morrow mommy, stay home wif me." So, even though she's played by herself a lot, it's still been nice to be at home together. After a breakfast of pancakes (requested by Jeremy and Hannah) I spent a couple of hours working on school stuff. Ugh! Hannah would take a break from her critters and sit with me awhile. I'd type and she'd write. Now, she's off in her room again watching tv. I'm sitting here blogging because she didn't want to play with me. "Go 'way momma I payin'" were her words to be exact! I've been rejected by a 2 year old!
I guess I'll spend the rest of the afternoon reading. My fingers are crossed that I'll have some great SNOW pictures to post tomorrow.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! As bad as I hate the ice storm, I have to say that the last two pictures on this post are beautiful!