Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Break Part 2 - Elmo and Ho Ho - all in one day



Saturday was a very exciting day. Shela, Hannah, and I went to see Elmo Grows Up, a production of Sesame Street Live. I have wanted to take Hannah since her first birthday but with tickets being almost 40.00 a piece I've just kept this in the back of my mind as something that I wanted to take her to see when she got older. I've never seen a show like this and was worried that Hannah wouldn't be able to see the stage or wouldn't like it. So, I wasn't about to spend that kind of money with no way of telling if she would even like it. Luckily, I won tickets! The picture above was taken right before we got into the car. Doesn't she look excited?
I really can't describe the look on her face when the show started and all the characters came out on stage. The biggest smile ever kind of sums it up. She was smiling, laughing, and pointing at all the characters. I think I watched her reaction more than I watched the show! The auditorium wasn't crowded and we sat much closer than I could ever have imagined. I'm not good with estimating distances, but I'd say we were within 15 -20 feet of the stage. The show itself was very entertaining. The characters were singing and dancing most of the show. I was impressed with the show and hope to take her back to see Playhouse Disney in the spring. (Yep, I'll be trying to win tickets again!) I have a few pictures on my cell phone, but they're stuck there until I visit the little photo booth at Walmart.
After a WONDERFUL meal at Olive Garden, we were off to see Santa at Opry Mills. I guess you can call me a Santa snob, but I just don't like the Santa at Greenwood Mall. He doesn't look like Santa to me - I think it has something to do with the pajamas and yellowish beard. So, we've taken Hannah to Opry Mills each year. This was her third visit to see Santa, but it was the first time that she'd taken the picture by herself. She told him exactly what she wanted and was fine taking the picture, which is the best Santa picture that we have so far. I asked them about taking our own picture and was told that I could as long as I made a purchase. So, I got the cheapest package and then took some of my own. I'll post the pic in another entry, I can't seem to figure out how to get a picture anywhere but at the beginning of a post.
This was the busiest and most memorable Thanksgiving break I've ever had!
My little girl is growing up so quickly! Sometimes I miss her "baby days", but it's awfully fun to be able to do all the big girl stuff with her. I'm so blessed to be her mommy:)

























1 comment:

Heather said...

That sounds like so much fun! We talked about seeing Disney on Ice last year and didn't. Isn't the Opry Mills area so pretty at Christmas? I completely agree with you about the Santa at Greenwood Mall. We don't even bother going there anymore. We always make sure they see a different Santa.