Monday, November 10, 2008

Our weekend

Hannah and I attended Kyrock's Fall Festival on Friday night to watch my nephew Jacob receive a trophy for being room winner in the King, Queen, Prince, and Princess contest.  Sadly, he didn't win the title of Prince, but he was a terrific sport about it and looked so grown up! Well, actually he was down right cute but I don't think he would appreciate that:)   

On Saturday Hannah and I both woke up around 8:00, which was early for her and late for me. We had a nice breakfast of homemade pancakes and watched TV.  I did some re-arranging of the nooks and crannies of the house and finished some cleaning.  By lunchtime, Hannah was coughing and seemed pretty congested. For the rest of the afternoon, I lounged around with her on my lap the majority of the time.  We watched TV and read some books.   It felt good to have such a "down" day, well . . . except for the fact that she was sick.  

Jeremy didn't get home from hunting until about 2 in the morning.  Hannah couldn't sleep well (stuffy nose, coughing), so I was up rocking her when he got home.  So, we were awake to see pictures of his first buck.  He was so proud:)  I'm tickled that it's free meat!  Now I'm looking for a meat grinder because there's only so much roast I can eat.  I'd like to make about half of it into hamburger.  Let me know if any of you have one that I can borrow!  

Sunday was a pretty uneventful day. Hannah and I stayed home from church.  I had thought about taking her to Urgent Care if she didn't seem any better in hopes that I could avoid taking off work early.   I ended up not taking her because I realized that if I gave her Tylenol plus cold every 4-5 hours she seemed to feel much better.  By 5.5 -6 hours after the initial nose she'd be coughing and having a runny nose.  This medicine is the BEST stuff.  It has a decongestant in it, which is something that Hannah's dr. doesn't prescribe for kids so young - which is what her previous dr. told me as well.  I am wondering if she still has an ear infection.  She's never acted like her ears hurt anytime that she's had an ear infection so it's really just a guessing game.  But, she mentioned that she had bugs in her ear last night.   Maybe that means that her ear was itchy.  I looked and didn't see any "bugs".  (No, I wasn't expecting to see any and honestly have no clue what I would have done if I had seen one!)  

Maybe she'll be better tonight - my fingers are crossed.  

No comments: