Here's the menu: shrimp cocktail, spinach salad with mandarin oranges and cranberries, pork loin roast, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, and rolls. I'm not quite sure when we'll be eating our Valentine's dinner because there's church tonight and we don't always eat "a real meal" before we go. But, it'll either be tonight or tomorrow. I've never made a pork roast before, so I'm hoping it'll be good (fingers are crossed). For special days like this I always cook something a little fancier than we normally have for supper. The side dishes aren't anything fancy, but they're favorites around here. Dessert will be Valentine candy.
I think I might even get out the "fancy" plates, use the tulips Hannah and I bought at Walmart as the centerpiece, and eat at the dining room table!
2 comments:
Don't you love pulling out the "good" plates! It's always fun using something that never gets used. We don't have plates that we never use, but we do have glasses that I pull out for special occasions, because most of the time, we're drinking from plastic kid cups. Hannah was so sweet tonight at church. She's such a good baby.
Wonderful! Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!
Post a Comment