Hannah's doing much better. She's been fever free for 24 hours now and has kept her medicine down. Except for the time that she spit it right back in my face! She's nibbled on a few things today and said that she's hungry, but I don't think anything tastes very good to her (evidenced by taking a bite, saying it's yucky, and asking for somthing else). She is drinking. I've been giving her Boost for kids and apple carrot juice. That way I know that she's getting some nutrients. She's been running around and playing a lot today, but she gets tired pretty quicky. This afternoon we laid down on the couch and took a 3 hour nap together. Can I just say that I LOVE NAPS!
'
I took advantage of her first nap this morning to do some once a week cooking. I've got all of our suppers for this week made and in the freezer or fridge. This really helps me out during the week. I hate being in a rush to do everything once I get home from work. It's just too stressful! On the menu this week: potatosoup, spagetti, beef and rice burritos, and pinto beans and cornbread. Simple, yummy, and there will be plenty of leftovers:)
4 comments:
I am impressed with planning the meals ahead of time. I'm sure that does save you a lot of time during the work week and more time to spend with the family! Glad Hannah's feeling better.
I've learned that I HAVE to plan meals ahead of time. If not, I end up without all the ingredients or with frozen meat at 5:30 in the afternoon! It also keeps me from having to stop at the grocery after work:) The last couple of weeks, I've been grocery shopping on the mornings that Jeremy takes Hannah to his moms. It seems to work out well. I don't have to get up any earlier and I shop quicker without my little helper. We have a really big fridge at school and I usually don't have much cold stuff, so I just put the groceries in there.
I am impressed too! I need to take some lessons from you! So glad Hannah is feeling better. Emily has had a fever off and on all weekend so I guess we will be making a trip to the dr. tomorrow.
Super Mom/Wife...I believe you could have your own tv show! Hats off to you...good job! Sounds like Hannah should be on the road to recovery..she will wake up one morning and eat the house down.
Post a Comment