Saturday, February 21, 2009

Quarantine

Hannah has been quarantined (by me). Jeremy took her to the dr. yesterday and she has strep and a double ear infection. We were in the dr.'s office a little over 2 weeks ago with an ear infection, and she just ended her antibiotic last Saturday. These germs must be pretty potent to have already withstood a 10 day course of amoxcicillin. Now we're on to augmentin. She threw up about 30 minutes after the first dose, but has kept the second dose down. After keeping a 100-102 degree fever for almost 2 days, her fever broke last night. I think that's helping her rest, because she only woke up a couple of times last night. She's still sleeping now. I hope she's hungry when she wakes up. She ate 1 and a half chicken nuggets yesterday, a couple of fries and only drank 1 sippy. I'm finding out that kids that don't eat much when they're well eat close to nothing when they're sick. She even turned down chocolate and coke last night! I know that's not exactly what she should be eating, but we were just trying to get SOMETHING down her, especially since she had thrown up and only had 1 barely wet diaper. Through the night she drank 4 oz. of apple carrot juice. I suppose that's a start. . .
So, we're quarantined until she starts feeling better and until we're sure the fever is gone.



4 comments:

Heather said...

Poor baby! I hate that she's sick. Trace has been on two different antibiotics in the past month and a half. It's hard when they're sick with one thing, but really hard when they have two or more things hurting. By the way, she's definitely in line for the next Pantene model. Her hair is always beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I hope Hannah is feeling better when she wakes up! I would have done the same thing by offering anything she would eat or drink,no matter what it is... It is awful to watch your little ones feel so bad.
And brag away! She's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Poor little Hannah-she can't seem to get rid of all the sickness she's had here lately! I hope she feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

Just keep her drinking. Even a sip is better then none.

Her hair is beautiful!!!!