Monday, February 23, 2009

A Conversation with Hannah

As I was getting Hannah ready to leave this morning

Hannah: I see a school bus mommy.

Me: Where's it going?

Hannah: It takin' the kids to school.

Me: Mommy goes to school too.  Do you know why Mommy goes to school?

Hannah: To teach the kids.  

Me: You're right.  Mommy goes to school to teach the kids.

Hannah: Why Mommy?

Me: Because they need me.

Hannah: I needs you too mommy.  I love you. 

(Mommy's heart is breaking right about now.)

Hannah: Mommy, you need to ride the school bus to school.  

Me: Mommy's and teachers don't ride the school bus, only kids.  When you get big you can go to school with mommy.  

(Hannah's eyes get HUGE.  I think she's remembering the last time she came to school with me and played with all my school toys).

I can't remember the rest of the conversation word for word.  But,  she said something to the effect of I'm not big - I'm Hannah in a very assertive tone.  That's also what she says when we tell her that her name is Hannah Vincent, or when I tell her she's mommy's little princess.  It's always the same thing I'm not ______, I'm Hannah.   

Ha!  Guess I don't have to worry about multiple personalities or anything like that.  

P.S. Yesterday, she climbed in my lap, gave me a hug, and told me I was her best send (she can't say the "f" sound in words - she meant friend).  Then she put her hand on my check and sang me a lullaby.  It went like this "lullaby, lullaby, go to sleep, go to sleep". Over and over.  Mamow Shela said that she didn't teach her this one, and neither did my mom.   Must have been on Noggin or PBS.

5 comments:

Heather said...

How sweet! They can definitely pull at the heart strings!

Nan said...

She's a hoot! =)

Shela Brooks Vincent said...

Now, I did teach her this,,,,go to sleep little Hannah, go to sleep little Hannah, Mommys gone to school and Daddys gone to work,,,,go to sleep little Hannah. I don't say anything about lullaby,,,,she's such a sweet

Anonymous said...

She's precious-how sweet! She definitely loves her mommy :0)

Kristin said...

I liked the fact that she linked that you should ride the school bus to work! Smart + Cutie = watch out!! I can see Jeremy with the shotgun loaded here in 14 yrs.."State your business!""