It has a wooden frame, slide, Hannah's baby swing, a regular swing and a trampeze bar. I'd like to revive it and make it more toddler friendly. Right now Hannah's too little for the trampeze and regular swing, so I'd like to replace it with something else. The problem is that I don't know the specific name for what I'm looking for. A friend thought it was a glider, but when I looked at those - they look more like teeter-totter's to me. When I was little, we had a contraption that had two bench seats facing each other. There was a floor and it was semi closed in. Each side had an opening where the kids can get out. Does anyone know what this is called? I've looked at several swingset sites and replacement sites but can't find what I'm looking for. Does anyone know the name of this "contraption", know where I can find one, or better yet, know some one that has one and wants to get rid of it?
5 comments:
I know exactly what your talking about but I don't know the proper name for it. The boys first swingset (before the wooden one) had one of those on it and they loved it. I too, tried to find another one for our wooden swingset and all I could find were the gliders. I would've used our old one but the seat was busted and had a big hole in it. Let's just say, really good for pinching little fingers, so we threw it away.
I very clearly remember having one of those on my swingsets when I was little, too, and it was so much fun...BUT I can't remember what it is called???? That is going to bug me until I can think of it?
Hey! We used to call the "contraption" a glider and the other thing a see-saw. BUT, what some sites refer to them as, is a gondola. I actually found one online...for 200.00!! There may be cheaper ones though...just google "gondola attachment for swing set". The boys have one on their old swing set, as all sets used to come with them just about. Now it's more likely that they will come with the new "glider" style, which she might be able to use too. Hope that helps!
PS~my word verification was monstast...I thought it said monistat at first! :p
Ok, I thought a gondola was a boat people ride in somewhere in Europe or Asia. Funny.
Thanks - I'll check it out!
That was my favorite as a kid!!! Glad Natalie figured that out... I had no idea what you call it.
By the way, Nan, are you feeling a little itchy?? That secret word trying to tell you something?? LOL!
Post a Comment