Monday, May 4, 2009

Cooking with Jenni and Facebook

I think I've found a way to keep track of all my couponing and cooking adventures. A second blog. I've been thinking about it for a little while, but didn't want to worry about keeping up two blogs right now. I had planned to put it off until summer break. Then, after not being able to find a previous month's menu plan I decided that I'd just keep everything on here (the family blog) but I'd like to participate in some recipe carnivals and really don't want everyone and their second cousin twice removed to be looking at pics of my family. My next thought was to create another blog and keep it to myself. But, I like sharing the deals I get and honestly am just too lazy to copy and paste posts between blogs. Thus the creation of blog #2: cookingwithJenni.blogspot.com

I'll post pics of my weekly grocery trip and the cost breakdown of each. I'll also post a menu plan at the beginning of the week or a the end of the week (because sometimes our menu changes drastically throughout the week). I'll also post deals and coupon matchups.

I'm also on Facebook now. Some of my friends could care less about blogging, but are on there, so I signed up so I could keep up to date. I've already gotten to chat with a friend of mine that now lives in NYC! There's a lot about it that I don't understand, but I'm willing to learn. I really hope that I'm not getting in over my head!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

You will LOVE Facebook! The only reason I have it is to keep up with friends...and Facebook fulfills that reason fully. Do you know how to comment and add pictures? It's really easy to navigate once you get used to it. With all the new features, it can be a little tough to figure new things out. Let me know if you ever get stuck and I'll try to explain. They completely changed the layout about a week ago, that I noticed, and it took me a while to get used to the new look. Talk to you soon!

Nan said...

I LOVE Facebook! I have been able to get a peek into folks lives that I've not seen in YEARS!!

I also wanted to let you know that people can still get to your family blog from your cooking/kitchen one. All they have to do is go to "View My Complete Profile" and it will show all the blogs that you have with that google account. You may already know this, but I thought I would pass it along before you joined the carnival thingys, just so you would know. There are several blogs that I love reading, but I won't comment on them because I don't want my profile floating out too far!

Jenni said...

After way to long of piddling on here, I figured out a way to hide my family blog from the cooking blog. But, in the process I deleted the about me section of the family blog. Whew! This is most certainly a work in progress. And the facebook, um . . . I'm overwhlemed. I pretty much click a link or button just to see what happens. I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing:)

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great idea Jenni! I look forward to reading it.... shew... I don't know how you and Nan do it! I can barely keep up with one blog.