Warren County Schools were closed on Thursday and Friday, so I had a nice long weekend. On Thursday Hannah and I headed to school anyway so that I could get some out of class time with my intern. We have to have 50 hours of time spent together working on school stuff out of class and with the deadline coming up, there really wasn't much of a choice. Hannah enjoyed playing with all of my stuff at school and we spent almost 4 hours there.
Friday was a day of housecleaning and schoolwork. Not much fun, but it had to be done. All day long I debated if I should go get the Twilight movie at midnight. Jeremy OFFERED to go get it for me so that I could sleep, but I had a few things that I wanted to pick up so I went myself.
I figured that Kroger would be much less crowded than Walmart. I called on Thursday AND on Friday just to make sure that they would have it. Both times I was assured that they had it, but couldn't display it until 12:01. I pulled into the Kroger parking lot at 11:58. There were only a handful of cars in the parking lot, so I thought that I was doing pretty good - no one else had the same idea! My bubble was busted when I asked where the display was and was told that they would have it on Tuesday. Tuesday!!! I politely told the lady that I had called merely hours ago and was assured that it was there. She double checked with a manager and it was not there. So much for calling in advance! I headed to Walmart. I got there at 12:10. There weren't a whole lot of cars in the parking lot, but more than I would expect to be there at midnight. There was a man with a rolling cart at the front of the store loaded with DVD's. I grabbed my 2 disc copy, 2 boxes of cereal, and some Coke and was out of there by 20 after. I saw some college-age girls and guys getting the DVD's, but I didn't have to wait in line. I had to wait a couple of minutes in the checkout, but not because of people getting the DVD. The person in front of me had a HUGE cart of groceries.
Jeremy stayed up to watch the movie with me. He's heard all the ladies in the family talking about Twilight, so I guess he wanted to check it out for himself. After an hour in, he went on to bed because he thought it was quite boring. I didn't say anything at the time, but I was thinking the same thing. I watched for maybe 15 more minutes and headed to bed myself.
I had the alarm set for 6:00 on Sat. morning because Plano was hosting the Regional Academic Team Competition and all teachers were asked to help. I had planned on leaving the house at 7:30 to take Hannah to Shela's, but I suppose I was so tired that I turned the alarm off without even knowing it. I got up at 7:15! What a way to start the morning! After serving my time at school, I headed back to pick up Shela and Hannah and we went to Amishville (my name for the Amish stores in Cub Run). We visited 2 stores. I bought some butter, Huggies overnight diapers for 6.00, and a 7 grain breakfast mix. Hannah and Shela both found some goodies too. After a trip to Brier Creek rest. with Jeremy and a mule ride around the pond, I was back at home watching the rest of Twilight. I am happy to say that the last half of the movie was MUCH better than the first. My favorite parts were when Edward and all the Cullens jumped in front of Bella to protect her from James, when Alice ripped James' head off, and when Edward saved Bella's life. Overall, I think this was an okay movie. It was very true to the book, but the book had much more detail. I do look forward to the rest of the movies, but I doubt that I'll be lining up at the theatre to watch on opening night.
1 comment:
I watched Twilight last night, bought it Saturday morning on the way to visit my family. I thought they left out WAY TOO MUCH! It was good, but knowing how much they left out made me mad. They could have explained some things better, like the part where Alice and Jasper take Bella to Phoenix. They make it too easy for her to run from them. In the book, it was so much more detailed. I can understand they want to cut it for time, but I just felt like they really rushed it. BUT, I cannot WAIT for November 20th for New Moon to come out at theaters! I am hoping it will be better and explain more!
Post a Comment