****update*******
I read numbers 1 and 2 on the list this month. Both were wonderful. I've been so overwhelmed at school that I didn't want to spend my free time reading about school things. Maybe I'll get around to them later.
1. The Duggars: 20 and Counting by Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar (the family that has 18 natural children and has the TV show 18 and counting)
2. The Atonement Child by Francine Rivers A story of a young Christian girl that becomes pregnant as the result of a rape. The girl debates whether or not to keep the child.
3. Just Another Kid by Torey Hayden A true story of a teacher who gets six new emotionally damaged children in her classroom, 3 from war torn
Ireland, 1 from an institution, 1 that is totally unresponsive and doesn't speak, and another that is sexually precocious at the age of 8.
4. A Beautiful Child by Torey Hayden A true story about a special ed. teacher that reaches a chil that is trapped in a world of silence.
5. Somebody Else's Kids by Torey Hayden A true story of a teacher of 4 problem students (the books words, not mine). One has echolalia, one has severe brain damage due to parental beatings, one who watched a step mother kill his father, and a 12 year old that was kicked out of Catholic school when she became pregnant.
No comments:
Post a Comment