Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fall Break is here!






Those pictures are from last year's fall break. Picture 1 is from Niagara Falls. Picture 2 is in New Hampshire ( I think - Shela - if you don't care, leave a comment and let me know if I'm right. Picture 3 is from Maine. This was the best vacation I've ever been on and I'd like to go again someday.

This year's Fall Break will be spent mostly at home, with a trip to Louisville Zoo and Jackson's Orchard. Since we moved in our new house less than a week before school started, it will be nice to just relax and enjoy our new place.

Since today is the first day of my break, I decided to celebrate by making pumpkin pancakes and maple cured bacon. YUM! Hannah has been eating a lot of mini freezer pancakes lately. I hope she likes the home made version. I assumed she'd be up by now since she went ot sleep at 8 last night, but she's still sleeping soundly.

Here's the recipe I used:

Pumpkin Pancakes

2 cups flour
2 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp each nutmeg and ginger
1 1/2 cups milk
1 egg
1/2 cup pumpkin

Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients in seperate bowls. Stir flour mixture into wet mixture. Cook.



My plans for the rest of the day include laundry, tidying up the house, a little reading, getting my new nephew (Jax - a Yorkie) settled in for his stay here this week, and going to Jason's and Natalie's for Jason's birthday dinner. And of course, playing and giggling with Hannah!

1 comment:

Nan said...

Jonathan was gonna ask us to watch Jax, but I'm not a fan of puppy poo :) He's cute and all, but I'll wait till he's trained :) See ya'll tonight!