Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Mamow and Hannah

Thanksgiving Break felt like it was sooooo long - probably because I've been spending several days in Brownsville on jury duty rather than at school:) I made Thanksgiving lunch for the 3 of us and Shela and it was delicious. I have no idea why I've waited almost 11 years to make dressing, but I made it for the first time and I couldn't eat enough of it. Forget the turkey and mashed potatoes- give me dressing and cranberry sauce and I'm a happy girl! After lunch we watched some tv and looked at Black Friday ads. If you look close enough, you can see Hannah staring at a web blaster Spiderman toy in one of the ads. Then we went to Bowling Green to visit with my parents for awhile. After that we went to Big Lots to pick out a new tree (my early birthday present from Jeremy) and then to the movies to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. We ALL thought it was a great movie:)


They weren't purposely closing their eyes. The theater hallways were dark and I forgot to turn off the flash. I think they saw stars for a couple of minutes afterwards. We had to wait about an hour and a half for the movie to start because the showing we wanted to see was sold out. By the time the movie started, Hannah was sooo tired and fell asleep. Luckily she woke up for the last half of the show.

We didn't make it home until about 9:30 that night. I had been debating for a day and a half on whether or not to go to the midnight sale at Walmart. I finally talked myself into it because the huge electronics sale didn't start until 5:00am. I even decided to go to the Walmart on Veterans Avenue because I thought it would be less crowded. I called Shela and we left around 10:30. The store was crowded and it took me a minute to figure out that they already had the midnight sale stuff out for purchase. WOOHOO! I got everything on my list (except one thing that they didn't have to start with) and both of us were in line before midnight. The "catch" was that there were no cashiers in line until 12:01am. We waited in line about 30 minutes and were on our way. I could hardly believe when we walked throught the exit and saw that everything was covered in snow. It was beautiful! I woke Hannah up when I got home and asked her if she wanted to go see it, but she didn't. She was enjoying her rest. After searching the web for some more deals, I got in bed around 2:00 am. It was a wonderful Thanksgiving, including the late night trip to Walmart. I hope to do it again next year:)

1 comment:

Heather said...

So glad you all had a good Thanksgiving!! (And a good shopping trip;)