I didn't work on posting pics this weekend, I'll try to work on that this week:)
Monday, September 29, 2008
I LOVE FALL!
I do - I just really love this time of the year. The leaves turning colors and falling off the trees, the cool days, the smells, and of course - the official holiday season. I've always loved all the preparation that comes with Christmas, but now I have found myself getting more interested in Halloween and Thanksgiving too. Hannah really seems to enjoy all the Halloween scenes that are set up in the stores and we've been reading Halloween stories and coloring pictures that are seasonally themed. I've planned some "formal" learning activities that focus on fall and Halloween and I can't wait to get started on them! One thing we'll be working on is the color orange (she sometimes gets it right) and being able to say "Trick or Treat" and "Happy Halloween". I'm already working on some Christmas and Thanksgiving activities to do with her too. She can already say "Gobble, Gobble" but I want her to be able to associate that with the turkey instead of just a random saying. I also want her to say, "Happy Thanksgiving". For Christmas I want to get a small nativity set and tell her the Christmas story using the figures. I'd like for her to be able to name the people in the story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment