Hannah was soooo good at the doctor. I was so proud of her. This morning I talked to her about going to the doctor and mentioned the "Elmo Goes to the Doctor" video that we checked out of the library a few months back. She remembered and talked all day about Elmo, Nimmie, Paws, and Hannah going to the doctor.
We've got good news to report. Elmo, Nimmie, and Paws checked out just fine. They had good vital signs and their noses and throats looked fine. The nurse and doctor both paid attention to the critters and examined them before doing the same thing to Hannah. I liked Dr. Goodwin before, but I like him even more now. He didn't rush us a bit.
On to the real patients update - Hannah now weighs 31 lbs. and is 37 and 1/4 inches tall. That puts her in the 91st percentile for weight and the 99.4th percentile for height. No wonder she's getting so heavy!!! I told Dr. G about her bathroom problems and he asked me some more specific questions. He ended up putting her on Miralax once a day. He said that if this doesn't help that we'll have to try some other things. If this does work, she'll be on it a while. Dr. G said that from what I told him it seems that her colon is "dry" and that the problem takes as long to correct as it did to form. I kinda laughed when he said that because she's always seemed to have problems. When she was a baby I had to use Karo syrup and even suppositories. Dr. G then said that it might very well take a year and a half to two years to reteach the colon.
Other than that, she's doing fine. She entertained him with some bouncy balls and by asking him, "What's that?" and " What you doin'?" many many times.
Supper just beeped (hamburger helper) so it's time to eat.
No comments:
Post a Comment