Monday, July 9, 2012
Summertime :)
It's been a busy summer for us so far. We've worked at the other house to get it ready for the upcoming auction and we've worked around here to spruce things up a bit ( inside and out). We have a pretty good size garden this year and it's kept me very busy! Since it hasn't rained much, I've started every day out by watering the garden. Then, I clean out the pool and do whatever other outside chores need to be done for the day. So far, I've canned 15 quarts of green beans and 2 half pints of banana pepper rings. I love looking at all those quarts knowing that it only cost me 2.00 to plant the beans! I really enjoy canning. It's not hard, even though I was a bit scared at first. We've even talked about an even bigger garden next year:) I've also got some stuffed peppers tucked away in the freezer for easy school lunches.
I honestly think I've worked harder this summer than I ever have, but we've had time for fun too. We play in the pool almost everyday. We've gone to Chuy's a couple of times - and Hannah has declared it her new favorite restaurant. I have to agree - it's really good. We met Jeremy in town one day for lunch, and we went to see the new Disney movie Brave. Hannah and I have both agreed that it's our favorite Disney movie. I LOVE the fact that this princess didn't need a prince to make her happy! We've also had some movie nights/days at home. Last week the three of us spent a day at Opry Mills and had lunch at Rainforest Cafe. Other fun things we've done are watch fireworks in the front yard and went to Cecilia's 5th birthday party. There's been several trips to the library and both of us have read several books. There's still a couple of things that Hannah wants to do this summer and we hope to get those taken care of in the next couple of weeks. I have to work 3 days at the end of the month and then we have a work day, open house, another PD day, and opening day before school starts on August 9th.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment