Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Girl Scouts
Hannah joined Girl Scouts this year. She is officially a Daisy Scout and I am a Girl Scout Volunteer ( an actual title - I had to pay dues too!). There are seven girls in her troop - she's the youngest and the oldest in in seventh grade. There are three groups of girls - Daisy's, Junior's, and Cadet's. Each group has slightly different badges to earn and I have been working with the Daisy group. Hannah loves our twice a month meetings and is really looking forward to setting up a booth and selling cookies in Bowling Green. The girls always have fun together. They treat Hannah like their little sister and she just loves it! The troop leader is my aide from school and I've known most of the girls for a few years, so when we have meetings it's kind of like a big play date:)
Hannah's holding a baggie of patches in her hand. Patches are for "fun" things, like reading so many books, participating in activities, etc. These pictures were taken at the bridging ceremony, where the girls "bridge" from one level of girl scouts to another. We met at a park, had cake and roses, and afterwards let the girls play for awhile.
It was sooooooooo hot but Hannah wasn't about to take off her vest. She's so proud of it, and even wore it to school for " Dress like what you like to do day".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment