Saturday, January 15, 2011

Jumping back on the deal chasing wagon!

It's been awhile since I've had time to put together my coupons with the sales in order to get some great deals. For some reason, this was so much easier when Hannah was smaller! Hmmm - must have had something to do with the 2 hours naps she USED to take regularly.

I was glad to get caught up cutting coupons over our snow days and was able to get everything in the picture for 4.92 out of pocket and got back 4.00 in register rewards, so my actual "cost" was .92!





Here's how I did it:








Transaction 1 2 Pantene on sale for 2/7.00


- 3.00/2 coupon = 4.00 + tax = 4.42 oop


2.00 plus tax each is a pretty good deal, but it's even better because I got a


2.00 register reward back to be used on another purchase, making the


Pantene only 1.00 a bottle!








Transaction 2 2 Special K cereal on sale 2/5.00


-2.50 buy one get one free (BOGO) coupon


used 2.00 register reward from Pantene deal


I paid .50 oop (out of pocket) making each box .25


AND got back 2.00 in register reward for a future purchase. So, I actually made 1.50 on this purchase!



I'm looking forward to checking out the ads tomorrow and rolling/growing the $2 RR that I have left!




** I have no idea why my blog keeps adding all the spaces in my posts and on my sidebar! ARG!

No comments: