Monday, May 31, 2010

Summertime

Summertime, here we come! Friday was the last day of school for kids in Warren County (enter big sigh of relief!) I have to work this Tuesday- Thursday for PD and closing day, but there's just something about being at school in casual clothes, with no kids, and going out for a great lunch with friends that's just not toooo bad:)

Here at the Vincent house we don't have any standing plans for a vacation, but then again we didn't last summer either and ended up at the beach with the Carnes family! So, who knows? That's one of the best things about summer and being off of work - the ability to just go with the flow and not having a set schedule to have to work around:)

I've got several things already scheduled for Hannah and me to do this summer. I hope for us to be enjoying our new pool on a daily basis.


This is our first "real" pool. It's not fancy by any means, but it's big enough for us to swim, float around in, and spash in. Hannah has always loved the water and she had a blast in it on Saturday. Jeremy grew up with a pool and had countless hours of fun in it over the years. I grew up jealous of those kids that had pools at their house! If we really enjoy it and use it a lot( which I totally see us doing) we've talked about graduating to a larger one and a deck later on.

Other summer plans include a trip or two to the Louisville Zoo, Kentucky Down Under, free movies at the Great Escape, a trip to see Shrek, Toy Story 3, and of course Eclipse, the summer reading program at the Smiths Grove library, Uncle and Tiffany's big wedding, trips to various playgrounds around the area, and trips to Mr. Gatti's, Chuck E. Cheese, and the library.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sounds like you guys have a fun summer ahead. I love your pool!!