A couple of weeks ago I won 2 tickets to Holiday World. The catch - they're only good for the month of May! Well, considering the second weekend was church, the third was getting ready for decoration, and this coming Saturday I have to work there were only 3 days that we could go - election Tuesday, the 29th, and the 31st. So on election Tuesday it was. We were very lucky and were given 2 more tickets by a school group that had extra so we all ended up getting in for free! That made the day even better:)
I'm seriously thinking that we should make this a Vincent tradition! It wasn't crowded or hot - which in my opinion are the only two "bad" things about an amusement park! We all had a wonderful time. Mamow and I went on some calm rides and Jeremy and Hannah went on all the crazy, fast, spinny rides. I like rides, but unfortunately they make me incredibly sick to my stomach:( The faster and crazier the ride was the more Hannah liked it! There were several rides that she rode 3 or 4times in a row without even having to get off and get back in line. She also enjoyed the splash area. She was soaked and having a blast and I was watching with my jacket on!
And now to the great news! I'm FINALLY tenured! For most people it only takes 5 years, but since I worked in 2 different districts before moving to Warren County I'm getting tenured going into my 7th year. I feel like I can breathe a little easier now. The pictures in this post were taken with my celebration gift - a new camera.
2 comments:
I agree...Holiday World in May is wonderful! I've won tickets on the radio every year for the past 4 or 5 years and we always had fun using them. I haven't won any this year, and probably won't try because I know we won't have time to use them, but Holiday World is SO fun...especially when the tickets are free!
First of all...congrats to YOU!! There's no doubt about whether Hannah had fun or not. That big smile tells it all! I have been trying to win tickets myself. I would love to go back to Holiday World. Trace was just a baby the last time we went. We've been to Beech Bend the last few years because I've won tickets to there. Glad you had such a good week!
Post a Comment