Hannah and I took advantage of this almost spring day by doing some consignment shopping and visiting two different playgrounds. We had planned on playing outside here at the house too, but my sweet girl fell asleep about 2 seconds after finishing her lunch. She was just a tad bit upset when she woke up and saw that it was dark outside. After a promise to play outside tomorrow and a popsicle she was back to her happy self. It was wonderful to be able to relax and just be a mom today. The past couple of weeks at school have been ROUGH to say the least. I had my yearly observation ( which went very well:), observed my intern, stayed after school for meetings way more than I like to,got new students, finished records for moving students, trainings, and dealt with more discipline/behavior problems in the last two weeks than in the last 5 and a half years combined as well as the normal lesson planning for myself and my aide. After getting spoiled to at least one snow day a week, I've definately had some serious Hannah withdrawel. I hoping for many more bright sunshiny days where I can slow down and feel like I'm actually living my life, rather than being on the automatic pilot routine of work, home, sleep.
Hannah is becoming a little jokester. She loves telling jokes and the majority of them start with a long drawn out, "Hooooowwwwwww does a __________" . Just fill in the blank with any animal - rabbit, deer, jaguar, mackaw, etc. Shela told me that she had been practicing her knock-knock jokes over at her house. She sure is a lot like Papaw Ronnie - always ready to make someone laugh. She loves being the center of attention. She's even started talking to random strangers that we see saying: Hi I'm Hannah Elizabeth. Yep, we're starting to have the stranger talk around here.
Hannah loves to paint and has said for the longest time that she wants to be a painter when she grows up. This morning she said that she's going to be a painter, a mailman, and a weather dog! Yes, my child wants to be a weather dog! She even demonstrated a couple of nice howls for me! I guess that fits her perfectly especially since she's forever saying, " Momma, when I was a bird . . . " or " when I was a fish . . ." There's no telling how many times that I've told her that she's always been a person and will always be a person. She's always got us laughing about something. Here are some pictures from today.




1 comment:
Love that sweet little smile in the last picture:o) She is growing so much. I hope things slow down for you soon!
Post a Comment