Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

We rang in the New Year last night with our traditional supper of appetizers, Welch's sparkling juice, punch, and games. Can I hear a "winner, winner, winner"?The females won EVERY SINGLE game of Aggravation that we played! We played one round of Sorry which Jonathan won. I really wish we all could get together more often:)

Despite only a 30 minute nap yesterday, Hannah stayed up until almost 2:oo am! She played a couple of rounds of Aggravation with us, most of the time moving back and forth between Tiffany and Jonathan's laps. But, that's only when she wasn't busy being Jax's shadow.

Whew - another year has come and gone. I look and Hannah and truely wonder how she got to be such a big girl. She goes to school next year ( 2011-2012). I know it's still quite a way off, but it's so much closer than it used to be.

I've decided to set some goals for 2010 and as a way to keep me on track, I'll update my progress at the end of each month.

Goals for 2010

1. Make memories with my precious girl. She'll only be little once.

2. Track our grocery spending each month; reduce the amount of money spent at the grocery. To do this, I'll have to keep my new couponing system organized, meal plan, and maybe even start a price book.

3. Balance the business checkbook each month - JSV is gonna LOVE this:) You know, I did work at a bank for quite a few years, so it's not that I can't do it. It's just that I don't sit down and make the time for it. In doing this, I'll be
fulfilling a small part of being his "helpmate".

4. Keep a tidier house. Our house feels so much larger when everything is in its place. If I clean as I go, I won't have to spend most of Friday night or Saturday cleaning.

5. And of course, it wouldn't be right to not include losing weight. I am seriously a yo-yo dieter. The weight loss ticker appears and disappears several time a year on my blog. I'm going to do things a little different this time.



2010 will be what we make it. My favorite new quote:

10% of life is made up of what happens to you. 90% of life is decided by how you react.



1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm right there with you on balancing the checkbooks (personal and business.) I just hate doing it. Sounds like you guys had a fun New Years Eve. I like your goals...especially #1!!