right side is a tent.
This was a very memorable Christmas. This is the first year that Hannah has "gotten" gift giving, Santa, and all the fun that surrounds the holidays. She knows that Christmas is Jesus' birthday, but it'll be a few more years before she really understands the significance of his birth.
On Christmas Eve I turned 29. Gasp - where has all of the time gone? I honestly don't feel any older than I did 9 years ago:) To celebrate, Jeremy and Hannah took me to Red Lobster and bought me a cheesecake. Yummy! After my birthday lunch, we headed to my mom and dad's for our Christmas get together. We ended the night by baking cookies for Santa and reading Twas the Night Before Christmas. Hannah was so excited that she had a really hard time going to sleep. It was around 11:30 when she finally fell asleep!
We had such a relaxed Christmas morning. We woke Hannah up at 9:00 to open presents. The look on her face when she saw all the toys waiting for her was priceless. She was speechless! Santa brought her lots of new things. She must have been a really good girl this year:) Jeremy and I got her a few presents too, because she asked if we were going to give her presents just like Santa. Other questions she's asked recently are, "How does Santa get inside if we don't have a chimney?" and "Can we sleep beside the Christmas tree when Santa comes so that I can see him?" Big questions for a 3 year old! I guess you can say that I got "duped" this year. Jeremy and I decided not to exchange gifts this year since we'd went on a couple of vacations. We decided to just do stockings. I had planned on getting him a little something bigger and slipping it in his stocking, but decided to stick to the rules. Let's just say this was all a part of his plan. On Christmas Eve night ( when it was too late for me to get him any presents), he brings several gift bags into the living room - all for me. Never again will I fall for that! After having a late brunch of hashbrown casserole and sausage and egg casserole, Hannah played with her toys, Jeremy fell asleep, and I watched our Christmas morning video from last year. It's amazing how much Hannah has grown up since last year. I watched the video a couple of times and got teary eyed when thinking about how fast the years have gone by since Hannah was born. I'm so glad that we have a video camera to record these special times. It was precious listening to that babyish voice wanting to know what happened to the cookies that she left for Santa and saying "I lub it" after every present she picked up.
We ended our Christmas Day with pizza and presents at Mamow Shela's. It was a great ending to a great day:)
On Christmas Eve I turned 29. Gasp - where has all of the time gone? I honestly don't feel any older than I did 9 years ago:) To celebrate, Jeremy and Hannah took me to Red Lobster and bought me a cheesecake. Yummy! After my birthday lunch, we headed to my mom and dad's for our Christmas get together. We ended the night by baking cookies for Santa and reading Twas the Night Before Christmas. Hannah was so excited that she had a really hard time going to sleep. It was around 11:30 when she finally fell asleep!
We had such a relaxed Christmas morning. We woke Hannah up at 9:00 to open presents. The look on her face when she saw all the toys waiting for her was priceless. She was speechless! Santa brought her lots of new things. She must have been a really good girl this year:) Jeremy and I got her a few presents too, because she asked if we were going to give her presents just like Santa. Other questions she's asked recently are, "How does Santa get inside if we don't have a chimney?" and "Can we sleep beside the Christmas tree when Santa comes so that I can see him?" Big questions for a 3 year old! I guess you can say that I got "duped" this year. Jeremy and I decided not to exchange gifts this year since we'd went on a couple of vacations. We decided to just do stockings. I had planned on getting him a little something bigger and slipping it in his stocking, but decided to stick to the rules. Let's just say this was all a part of his plan. On Christmas Eve night ( when it was too late for me to get him any presents), he brings several gift bags into the living room - all for me. Never again will I fall for that! After having a late brunch of hashbrown casserole and sausage and egg casserole, Hannah played with her toys, Jeremy fell asleep, and I watched our Christmas morning video from last year. It's amazing how much Hannah has grown up since last year. I watched the video a couple of times and got teary eyed when thinking about how fast the years have gone by since Hannah was born. I'm so glad that we have a video camera to record these special times. It was precious listening to that babyish voice wanting to know what happened to the cookies that she left for Santa and saying "I lub it" after every present she picked up.
We ended our Christmas Day with pizza and presents at Mamow Shela's. It was a great ending to a great day:)
1 comment:
I first have to say, that I LOVE the wall behind you and your brother. That is beautiful! Looks like Hannah had a great Christmas and if I didn't know any better...I'd say she likes Dora:o) Happy 29th Birthday! I guess this means we'll both hit the big 3-0 in 2010!
Post a Comment