I went on to work this morning and Jeremy stayed home with Hannah. I called and checked on her sometime between 10 and 10:30 and she had just woken up and her fever was back (after being fever free since around 11:00 last night). I called and left a message at the dr.'s office and when I didn't hear back after 20 minutes I decided to call QuickCare in the hopes that I could talk to Amy Spader or Heather Parsley. In less than 30 seconds, Heather was on the phone with me. Talk about quick care!! I told her what was going on and she offered to write an order for her to have a CBC at the Medical Center. We had instructions to wait an hour or so and then head to her office for the results. Shela was on her way to check on Hannah and then make her way to the hospital to visit with Jacob so she went along to help. Annette was working at the hospital and she came down to help out. It is my understanding that it took ALL of them to hold Hannah down.
Dr. G's office finally called me back and said that he would like to see her again (another 125.00 thank you very much!). I told them about calling someone else and they asked just to have the results faxed to them. Not 15 mintues later and Dr. G called me himself! He wanted to let me know that they had a couple of cases of flu TODAY. Just yesterday he said that they hadn't seen flu in a couple of months. He suggested a flu test. So, she had one of those too.
Everything came back normal, with the exception of one type of white blood cell that was slightly elevated. Heather said that this could be an indicator of mono., but that those antibodies take a little while to build up and that they don't test for that there. I'll be following up with a phone call to the dr. in the morning. As of right now it looks like she's just had a bad viral infection that just has to run its course.
Hannah hasn't slept as much today, has nibbled at some food, and is more alert. I guess it'll be a couple of days before she gets to looking and acting like "herself". Even though the tests didn't let us know what was wrong, it ruled out a lot of things that could have possibly be wrong with her. Does that make sense?
Jacob, on the other hand, is still in the hospital and is one sick little boy. They're still not quite sure what's causing him to be so sick.
3 comments:
Well I'm glad you were at least able to rule out some things that could be wrong. How strange?! Isn't it good to know people that can really help out sometimes...like Heather and Annette? Well I hope she feels more like Hannah tomorrow.
Have they tested Jacob for Mono? He has had a fever and sore throat (which were strep negative) intermittent for a couple of weeks now. With Hannah's CBC did they do a Mono Spot? It's the blood test to check for Mono?
I'm not sure if they've checked Jacob for mono or not.
I'm not aware that they did a mono spot on Hannah or not, but her one elevated reading was an indicator for mono. I'm going to call the dr. in a little while to see what he suggests. She didn't have a fever this AM, but still did have one last night. She seems to feel a little better, but she was downright ill - tempered this morning. Any little thing and she'd just start bawling.
Post a Comment