Friday: woke up in the middle of the night, threw up twice
Sat.: diarrhea a couple of times laid around and slept most of the day, Jeremy has the yucks
Sunday: barely ate, normal activity level, diarrhea once
Monday: diarrhea several times, normal activity level, normal eating and drinking, I'm sick with the stomach yucks and feel like I'm going to puke
Tuesday: diarrhea twice, normal eating, drinking, and activity level (on a side note - my yucks are all gone and I'm feeling fine)
Wednesday: took a five hour nap(!!!), normal eating, drinking, and activity, thows up as soon as we get home from church
** Hannah hasn't had a fever at any time.
I called the dr. and they think I should bring her in, but I'm wondering what they would do besides check her temperature. She's been drinking plenty, so I'm not worried about her being dehydrated. They mentioned reflux, but does that cause diarrhea? If it's reflux, then I wouldn't have "gotten it". I've never heard of a stomach bug being so on and off. I've thought back about the foods that she's eaten and of course there's a lot of macaroni, but some of it was in a frozen dinner, regular box mix, and just plain noodles. So, I really don't think it's anything she's eating.
Let me know what you guys think. Should I take her in the morning or watch her over the weekend??
3 comments:
Since you asked, I'll give you my OPINION! I would take her in and let them give her a check. This has been on-going for a while, and even though she's drinking, she could still get dehydrated if she's not taking in enough to compensate. They might have some tests to run, and it may get you some answers. The longer she continues on, the worse it will be on her (and you)! It may be nothing more than some kind of wacky virus that doesn't want to go away, but it would be worth it to have her checked out anyway...or that's just what I would do. It can't hurt anything to try.
Good golly gertie I hope it's not a virus!!! ;o)
My opinion....since it's been almost a week and she STILL has the diarrhea/vomiting I would probably take her before the weekend. If it is a virus, they usually say it just has to run it's course but it being that long, I'd probably have her checked. At least it might make her feel better and ease your mind too.
Check her out, never hurts. It could be due to recent travel or virus. Nothing like traveler's diarrhea. If it is a bacterial infection, don't be surprised if they ask for a sample...fun fun.
Reflux doesn't cause diarrhea, so I vote no for that. Keep us posted
Post a Comment