Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fall Break post #1

We decided to stay home over Fall Break this year. We had a relaxed Saturday and Sunday. On Sunday night, Jeremy asked Hannah what she wanted to do. She kept saying she didn't know. They went back and forth like this for a bit and then she said she wanted to eat at Red Lobster and go to Barnes and Noble. Jeremy looked at her and said that we should get ready to leave. She was very surprised:) We usually stay home on the weekends, especially on Sunday night. Just a perk of being on vacation, I suppose!

These two always work the activities on the kids menu together. Sadly, Barnes and Noble had closed by the time we finished eating. We decided to go to Walmart instead. Interesting trade of locations, huh? It seems like we always end up at Walmart when we are in BG together.  
Monday was a very lazy day around the Vincent house.  Jeremy stayed home with us, but there's nothing exciting to report. It was a cold and rainy day so we occupied ourselves inside.  Jeremy and I had a "date night" at home after Hannah went to bed. We watched The Avengers and I LOVED it!  Now, I feel the need to go back and watch Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America.  Jeremy said he was proud of me for staying awake through the whole movie!  Yep, I usually fall asleep even if it's something I'm really wanting to watch.



On Tuesday, Hannah and I met Tracey, Landon, and Abby at Jackson's Orchard.  The playground was closed because of the drizzly weather.  We chatted inside while the kids played with the dog and then ate chocolate suckers and drank Dr. Pepper.  Another perk of being on Fall Break - caffeine and more caffeine!   I enjoyed being able to visit with Tracey and the kids always have fun together - even if there's not really anything there to play with!  We ended our visit with apple cider, apple pie, and by letting the kids pick out small pumpkins to take home.   



After we left, Hannah and I ran a few errands and then went to Barnes and Noble.  Hannah picked out several books to read and then we found this cozy table in the corner and read for the next hour.  The last time we were there, I read aloud to her.  This time she wanted to read silently.  She read her books and I read a book on the ipad.  We both agree that we could sit and read there for hours! 
This picture is out of order, but I couldn't figure out how to fix it.  After we left B&N, we met Mamow at Cheddar's for a late lunch/early supper.   Then we went to the Taste of Home Cooking Show.  We all had a good time, but didn't win anything.  Maybe next time . . ..
The little fella in the picture is Flat Stanley and we had to get pictures with him as part of a school project.

No comments: