Saturday, February 11, 2012

Books and reading

Wow! I read seven books in January:) I truly LOVE to read and it's my favorite hobby. Jeremy thinks it's so weird that I hardly ever have the tv on. I usually only watch the news, the Pioneer Woman's cooking show, or 20 kids and counting. When I iron, I usually catch up on movies that I've DVR'd. I don't really even watch my soaps anymore - I read the daily recaps on abc.com because that's much faster than watching an hour long show!

In January, I was able to do quite a bit of reading at school on my lunch/planning breaks. One of our assistants usually eats lunch with me but her girls were sick some and she had to miss school, so I read while I ate. I usually don't do much planning at school during my planning time. I usually plan in the mornings ( from 7:
-7:45) while Hannah is eating breakfast and watching Spongebob on the computer or I plan on the weekend.

I also read while I ate supper, read a little bit before bed each night, and stayed up later on Friday nights and got up early on Saturday mornings to read. My body is conditioned to getting up at 4:00 each morning, so I can't seem to sleep past 6:00 or 6:30 on the weekends. Hannah is not a morning person and loves her sleep, so I've been able to read and clean up around the house before she wakes up on the weekends:)

I'm hoping to read 50 books this year. I've already got a good start:)






No comments: