Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter Weekend 2011

Hannah and I started off Easter weekend by going to see Hop on Friday night. It was such a cute movie and both of us really liked it. On Saturday we went to Mammoth Cave to take advantage of their free cave tours. Ever since we went on the cave tour at Kentucky Down Under last summer, Hannah has been wanting to go to Mammoth Cave. When I saw that the Discovery tour was only 30 minutes long I knew we should try it out. It's a good thing we started out with the shortest one because her legs were very tired by the time we got out. She even had to stop and rest.
This was the entrance AND exit to our tour. The water dripping was really pretty with the sun shining in the background. Since it's been quite a while since we'd even driven through the park, I'd forgotten just how beautiful it was. I took several pictures of the trees, little critters playing in the grass, and the woods. I felt like I was walking through the woods in the Smoky Mountains. I don't think we'll be trying a longer cave tour until she's a bit older, but I hope to go on some trail walks this summer.



Hannah wasn't sure if the Easter Bunny would come or not. We'd been watching bunnies play in our backyard all week long and one day I spooked one of them and it looked right at us. Little Miss Know It All said that she knew how the Easter Bunny worked and that bunny was going to tell the Easter Bunny that we saw it, which meant that he wouldn't leave her any treats. She was VERY surprised to see that he left her some treats on Easter morning. Sorry, no pictures of her seeing her basket for the first time. Of course, she just woke up and wasn't wearing blogable clothing!

She had lots of different candies, nail polish, stick on nail decorations, 2 coloring books, pony tail holders, AND a JELLY BEAN POOPER! She actually saw a bunny pooper at Walmart after we saw Hop and used her own money to buy it. She has played and played with those things!


After church we came home and enjoyed an Easter lunch of ham, crescent rolls, macaroni and cheese, hashbrown casserole, and Eclair. Then it was time to hunt eggs. Since our front and back yards has turned into a pond with all of the rain, she hunted eggs in the living room.







I love her new pajamas from Mamow! They are so cute and girly!


Jax came to visit for Easter dinner too. She was so glad to get a picture of her and her favorite dog.



1 comment:

Heather said...

Love the pj's! That Easter basket looks yummy!!