Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall Break Part 1

We started Fall Break with a yard sale on Saturday which worked out pretty well because it gave us some extra "play money" for the rest of the week. It was also great to get rid of stuff that we no longer use/have a need for! That night Jeremy treated us to supper at Red Lobster and then a trip to the mall, where we bought Little Miss some very needed fall church shoes. She got to wear them the very next day to Sunday School because it was quite chilly:) After church we ate out for lunch ( 2 days in a row - wow!) and then rested at home for awhile.

We stayed home on Monday and I worked and worked and worked! One thing I like to do on longer breaks from work is to cook up meals or parts of meals and put them in the freezer. This works out so well. It's nice not having to come home from work and cook. I always feel rushed because everyone is hungry and it's not enjoyable to work/rush around all day and then do the same at home. So, by the end of the day I had the following in my freezer: a meatloaf, 10 lbs. of mashed potatoes in individual muffin pan serving sizes, 2 chicken casseroles, and the makings of chicken tettrazini and chicken fajita soup. The last two both are partial meals and will need to have half and half and cheese cubes added to them before eating. Let's see I also re-washed every towel and wash cloth in the house because they were sour smelling because we had some dryer problems and it was taking 3 hours to dry a load of clothes! I'm glad that the problem seemed to be a cramped vent hose. I cleaned house, made to-do lists, and even caught up on my soaps and Grey's Anatomy. It was a long productive day!

On Tuesday, Hannah and I ate lunch at Arby's because she was hungry for a roasta beefa (yes, I promise that's how she says it!) and then headed to meet our friends Tracey and Landon at the circus. We were the first ones in line, which was great. The kids played on our ipods and we chatted while we waited for them to open the doors. I was less than happy when we got to the ticket booth and was told that the price would be double what I had expected based upon talking to the Shriners and the people at the WKU ticket booth. I even asked if we needed a coupon to get the buy one get one free child's tickets and they said no. Ummmm, I don't think they knew what they were talking about. Oh well, it was worth the money because we both enjoyed the show. It was a good thing that I had cash from the yard sale because they didn't take debit cards. It would have been horrible if we had to leave! Hannah would have been a very very upset little girl. My pictures didn't turn out very well, but here are a few decent ones.











Showing off her 15.00 butterfly light up wand! I let her choose if she wanted to use her yard sale earnings to buy this or to do fun stuff at Jackson's Orchard and the zoo. She chose the wand . . . .
We ended the night by eating Dunkin Donuts for supper! Yummy!


2 comments:

Heather said...

Hmmm....I didn't think about Dunkin' Donuts. We went to McDonald's:) I'll take donuts ANYTIME!

Angie said...

Sounds like you two had a terrific time! I had the same problem with my dryer last year. Frustrating, but at least it's an easy (fairly cheap) fix!