Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fair Day 2010

I took my one and only personal day on Fair Day at Hannah's request. Since she's been born, I've always taken my personal day on her birthday ( if we had school) and it was hard for me to leave her and go to work on September 1st, but she wanted me to! Here's a picture of sleeping beauty before I woke her up. It sure is easier to wake her up when we've got plans to do something fun! School days - ummmm not so much! We got to the bank around 8:00 to claim our spots. It was a beautiful morning and neither of us even minded that the parade didn't go by us until 9:20. Hannah took some toys and I took some magazines and we just enjoyed the weather. I thought the parade was much longer than it had been the last time we were there (2008). Hannah's favorite floats were the ones with the pretty girls with big crowns! She told me ( and Jeremy too later on that night) that next year she's going to wear a pretty dress, have a big crown, and sit on the back of Daddy's truck! I just have to say that if we decide to let her be in the pageant and she happens to win, that I can guarantee that she will be in the parade (even if it will be an absence from school)! As much as she loved the pretty girls, she hated the Halloween-clad people! I have to admit that some of them were pretty creepy!
The Ferris Wheel was her favorite ride!
This girl loves her Coke. We very rarely let her have any - as in maybe once every 2-3 months. She finished her koolaide at the parade, and I didn't think ahead to take any for later on at the fair, so she was in for a treat! She was one sticky mess by the time we got home because she was trying her best to get every single drop out of the can.
The things we do for our kids- I paid 5.00 for a 3 minute pony ride! She loved it though.



1 comment:

Heather said...

Looks like she had a fun time. I don't blame her on the Halloween stuff. They were beside us in the line-up and I was a little uneasy too!