Monday, February 1, 2010

Big Snow 2010

I can't count the number of times that Hannah ran to the window on Friday and whined, "No snow YET, Momma! It's not gonna SNOOOOOOW!" Poor thing - next time I'm not going to tell her that when she wakes up there'll be bunches of snow. When it finally did start to snow, she was ready to go sledding - before the grass was even covered. On Saturday we awoke to about 6 inches, which is the most snow that I can remember. Right after breakfast we headed out to play. When we came in, Jeremy made snow cream. Hannah LOVED it! She asked for it after she played outside Sunday and today, but we substituted with real ice cream. She says that the 'nilla ice cream really helps her to warm up. After coming in from outside earlier today Hannah said, "thank you for playing with me outside and helping me swing and helping me slide. I love you so much. You make my heart so happy." Precious!














Who knew playing on the swing set could be so much fun in the snow? She barely fit into her swing with 86 layers on, but we managed. She also liked sliding down the slide and landing into a huge pile of snow.


Here's what was waiting for us when we got back inside from playing in the snow. This was my first attempt at making homemade cinnamon rolls. They were so much better than the can kind. I'm still loving my bread maker!

Here's what they looked like before going into the oven.




3 comments:

shelavincent said...

Gosh,,,,those look soooo good! I'm smacking my lips,,,,,,

Tiffany Vincent said...

YUM!!!

Heather said...

I am so impressed that those are homemade. I'll be happy to test them anytime:o) Looks like Hannah had lots of fun!