The first part of my Fall Break was spent taking care of a sick Hannah. She started running a temperature and coughing on Saturday morning. We stayed in on Saturday and Sunday and on Monday when she still had a temperature we headed to the dr. Our dr. moved out of the state this past summer and this was our first time seeing his replacement - a lady straight out of school. She said that Hannah was just suffering from allergies/sinus problems, but that she didn't have a sinus infection. She suggested that I give her Claritan daily and that I give her some nightime cough medicine - of which she recommended a dose 3X higher than the pharmacist suggested! Um, not sure I'll be going back to her . . .
We stayed at home (inside) for the next couple of days in hopes that Hannah would get better before our trip. Fast forward to Thursday and we left to go to Sandusky, OH with the Carnes'. We didn't leave bright and early on Thursday, so by the time we got there we just checked into our hotel and went to supper. This was the first time that we'd seen them in a while, and Hannah was so excited to see Justin and Paige. To our surprise she snuggled and loved ALL over Justin the majority of our trip. She loved on Paige too, but I think she's developed a little crush on Justin - probably because he calmed her down and got her to stop crying when Jeremy and I took our scooter ride with Jamie and Penny when we were at the beach this summer. I wish I had gotten a picture of them together!
On Friday we checked out of our hotel and took a ferry boat ride across Lake Eerie to Put In Bay Island. The boat had an upper deck for walk-on passengers and the bottom was reserved for vehicles. I don't have any idea how many it held, but there were at least 20 cars and a semi loaded with lumber on it. This was one big ferry! We all enjoyed the ride and even though it was cold we sat outside to get the whole effect. Once we got to the island we rented "Shaq", an 8 person golf cart. Why a golf cart you ask? Well, that's how most people get around the island! The island had its own school, post office, and city hall building. There were restuarants, shops, a memorial for something, and a marina. We drove around and to our surprise there weren't many things open. Jamie and Penny had been there before at the same time of the year and everything was open. We eventually found some shops open, where we HAD to buy blankets because it was so cold and rainy. I've never seen a sweatshirt blanket before and I love the one we picked out. We didn't know until later that it says Round House Bar on the front! Oh well, it's the coziest blanket I think I've ever had! After a stop at a little bistro where we feasted on cheesy breadsticks we took the ferry back to the mainland. From there we drove to Castaway Bay resort, our hotel for the next two nights. After checking in, walking around and checking out the arcade and indoor water park, and resting for a couple of hours, we went to Cedar Point. This is the best amusement park I think I've ever been to especially when it comes to kids rides. Only a couple of the rides were open but there were several shows to be seen. The big attractions on Friday night were the Fright Zones and Haunted Houses. They had several, but I don't know the exact number because I stayed with Hannah and Penny and the others headed to roller coasters and haunted houses. We all enjoyed ourselves, despite the constant rain and the cold weather. Hannah rode a couple of rides and we walked through a kids spooky house. We watched a couple of shows, one of which Hannah couldn't help but to stand up and dance along with the performers. After the show, two different people told us that they didn't know what was more entertaining - the show or her! Penny, Paige, Hannah and I ended up leaving around 10:45 pm and the boys stayed until closing at 12:00. We were so tired, but on vacation I like to go, go, go. I'm not one to sit around and relax much. I like to be busy!
On Saturday morning we visited the indoor waterpark before heading back to Cedar Point. It was chilly and sunny and there were loads of people there. We all expected this though, because all of the rides were up and running. I expected Hannah to be scared of some of the rides, but she was a little daredevil. She prefered the fast, spinny rides that went high in the air. She actually had a fit over an adult ride that there's NO WAY that I would ever ride. People were seated on a circular contraption that swung from a pendelum. It swung them every direction and they were spinning! When the ride got going really well all you could see where legs and feet flying in the air. NO THANK YOU! We got to Cedar Point around 2:00 and left at midnight. Hannah took a nap while we were waiting for everyone else to meet up with us for our picnic lunch. After her nap, she was ready to eat and ride more rides.
Sunday was spent driving home, because it was the last day of Fall Break:( It's hard to believe that the week went by so fast!

2 comments:
That place looks like fun. I have seen Cedar Point on the Travel Channel before. If you don't mind me asking, who is the new doctor?
Of course I don't mind. Her name is Dr. Garrett.
Post a Comment