Sunday, January 27, 2013
Books read in 2012
WOW- I read 57 books in 2012! I don't have lots of extra time for reading, but I've passed up on sleeping to read several nights. I also read on my lunch break at school.
January
1. Prairie Tale by Melissa Gilbert ( finished 1-9-12) Wow. I had no idea what her life was like.
2. A Place Called Home by Jo Goodman (finished 1-13-12) It was okay, nothing I'd want to read again.
3. Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins (finished 1-17-12) A good book. Not half as good as The Hunger Games, but I do plan to read the other 4 in this series. Maybe the others are a bit more suspenseful.
4. Gregor and Prophecy of the Bane Book 2 by Suzanne Collins ( finished 1-22-12) I liked this one better than the first.
5. Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods Book 3 by Suzanne Collins ( finished 1-24-12) I'm really liking this series now.
6. Gregor and the Marks of Secret Book 4 by Suzanne Collins ( finished 1-26-12)
7. Gregor and the Secret of the Claw Book 5 by Suzanne Collins ( finished 1-29-12)
*****The Passage by Justin Cronin ( I started reading this but couldn't get into it. I was confused after reading the first couple of chapters and decided it was a waste of time.)
February
8. The Host by Stephenie Meyer (finished 2-2-12) This book was so different from The Twilight Series, but still very good. It's being made into a movie and is one I plan to go see.
9. Matched by Ally Condie (finished 2-5-2012) Can't wait to read the rest of this trilogy! It's also being made into a movie:)
10. Crossed by Allyson Condie (finished 2-14-12)
11. The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks ( finished 2-23-12) This was an ok read, but it's not one of my favorites from this author. It's not a book I would want to read a second time.
March
12. Home by Morning by Alexis Harrington (finished 3-4-2012)
13. A Life of Joy: A Novel ( Kauffman Amish Bakery series) by Amy Clipston
14. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins ( re-read, finished 3-17-12)
15. Ketchup is a Vegetable: and Other Lies Moms Tell Themselves by Robin O'Bryant ( very funny!)
April
16. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (re-read, finished 4-6-12)
17. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (re-read, finished 4-7-12)
18. Taken by Debra Lee (finished 4-8-12) A good read.
19. The Fiddler (Home to Hickory Hollow) by Beverly Lewis ( finished 4-10-12). A typical B. Lewis book. I'm hooked!
20. Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix (finished 4-14-12)
21. Among the Imposters by Margaret Peterson Haddix (finished 4-15-12)
22. Among the Betrayed by Margaret Peterson Haddix ( finished 4-15-2012) These are fairly short books and are written on a teen level so they're quick reads.
23. Among the Barons by Margaret Peterson Haddix ( finished 4-15-12)
24. Among the Brave by Margaret Peterson Haddix ( finished 4-17-12)
25. Among the Enemy by Margaret Peterson Haddix ( finished 4-19-12)
26. Among the Free by Margaret Peterson Haddix ( finished 4-20-12)
27. Life as We Knew It by Susan Pfeffer Book 1 ( loved it!) finished 4-29-12
May
28. Running Around and Such Book 1by Linda Byler - The author grew up Amish and is still an active member of the Amish church.
29. When Strawberries Bloom Book 2 by Linda Byler
30. Big Decisions Book 3 by Linda Byler
31. Keys to the Castle by Donna Ball
June
32. Save Me by Lisa Scottoline ( I've never read anything by this author before, but I have a feeling she's going to become a favorite of mine.)
33. Escape by Carolyn Jessop ( This is the biography of the woman that escaped a polygamist family with her 8 children.)
34. Triumph: Life After the Cult- A Survivor's Lesson by Carolyn Jessop
35. Dear America (The Diary of Lydia Amelia Pierce) Like the Willow Tree by Lois Lowry. This book is young adult historical fiction, but I've liked every Dear America book I've ever read.
36. Dear America ( The Diary of Piper Davis) The Fences Between Us by Kirby Lawson
37. Amish Values for Your Family by Suzanne Woods Fisher
38. Misconception by Paul and Shannon Morell ( This is the couple whose embryo was accidentally implanted into another woman)
39. Inconceivable by Carolyn and Sean Savage ( This is the other side of the story. Carolyn was implanted with Shannon's embryo by mistake.)
July
40. Confessions of a Prarie %*$#@: How I Survived Nellie Oleson and Learned to Love Being Hated by Alison Arngrim (Loved this!)
41. A Rare Titanic Family The Caldwell's Story of Survival by Julie Hedgepeth Williams ( I only read the part about their time on the Titanic. I thought the other information was boring and skipped over it. I read maybe 1/4 of this book.)
42. Bygones ( Sommerfeld Trilogy Book One) by Kim Vogel Sawyer (Good book - based on a Mennonite community. It was a bit predictable, but still pretty good.)
43. Beginnings ( Sommerfeld Trilogy Book Two) by Kim Vogel
44. Blessings (Sommerfeld Trilogy Book Three) by Kim Vogel ( This was my least favorite of the trilogy.
45. Oceans Apart by Karen Kingsbury ( audiobook) Loved it!
46. James Potter and the Hall of Elders Crossing
August
No time to read :(
September
47. Elisha's Bones by Don Hoesel
October
48. The Fiddler by Beverly Lewis ( re-read)
49. The Bridesmaid by Beverly Lewis
50. Matched by Ally Condie (re-read)
November
51. Crossed by Ally Condie (re-read)
52. Dear America The Diary of Hattie Campbell Across the Wide and Lonesome Prarie by Kristiana Gregory
53. Reached by Ally Condie
54. Jacob's Daughter by Samantha Jillian Bayarr ( book 1)
55. Amish Winter Wonderland by Samantha Jillian Bayarr ( book 2)
December
56. Under the Mulberry Tree by Samantha Jullian Bayarr
57. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment