
July went by so far, but then again I think it always does. Sigh. We did several fun things, but still had lots of days at home. I love to be at home:) There were 3 weeks this summer that we stayed within a 5 mile radius of the house.
We took a day and finished up school shopping. We didn't have much to do because I had bought 5 totes of clothes (summer and winter) from a friend whose little girl had outgrown them. What a deal. I got each piece for maybe 25 cents each at the most. The majority were Old Navy and Children's Place and there were some Levi's, a Nike pantsuit, and other name brand clothes. Some still had the tags on and others you couldn't tell had been worn at all. What a deal!
Hannah had her heart set on getting Twinkle Toes, but when I saw what they looked like, and the price tag, I had to say no. Those have to be the absolute ugliest shoes I have ever seen in my life and they cost an average around 45.00. That's a whole lot for canvas shoes that are UGLY! We wanted her to have good athletic shoes that would be safer for her to wear on the playground ( where I'm terrified that she's going to be a daredevil and end up getting hurt) and in P.E. so she doesn't turn her ankle. We ended up with hot pink and lime green Sketchers. She HAD to have Sketchers, so I guess we compromised. I'm so glad they decided to sell the shoes that we bought with silly bands, because I'm 99.9% positive that was the deciding factor in her choosing this particular pair.

(This picture should have came first.) We started the morning off at Dunkin Donuts. YUMMY! They have the BEST coffee, and I even order it with plain creamer.

Sometimes Hannah likes me to take pictures of her toys:0

I snapped this picture as soon as she got a pretty smile on her face. She didn't have time to get her hands the way she wanted them. Mamow made this dress for her out of an old dress of my mom's ( Nana). She used the same lace and buttons. Hannah always says that she loves the clothes that Mamow makes her the best. Shoot, who wouldn't want a personal tailor???
The next picture is a little hard to see, but it shows some of the work that she's been doing this summer. Even though she's been able to write her name since she was 3, she started making her a's all loopy at the bottom. I believe that she's going to be/is already a perfectionist when it comes to her school work. When she made a mistake she'd say that she was frustrated at herself. I explained that it was ok to make mistakes and told her that's what erasers were for. Well, it turns out that she doesn't like erasers that much because they make your paper look messy. She wants it right the first time. Oh my! She also told me that she was nervous when I watched her. Jeremy came home while we were still working and he sat down and worked with her. It was sooooo sweet to watch them doing school work together:)

We took a trip to the water park and she was so exhausted that she fell asleep in the car snuggling her new float.

Here's a beautiful skirt that Mamow made for her. I found this fabric on a half off table and there was just enough there to make a skirt for Hannah. Hopefully she'll be able to wear it next year too!

FYI - I don't even have to tell her to pose. It comes naturally. I wonder what she'll try to do in her school pictures!


We also took a trip to the beach at Nolin. The sign said that the beach was closed, but honestly how can you "close" a beach. We were rebels and enjoyed the sand and watching the little fish close to the shore.

We also had a family date night this month. On the 17th we had a late supper at Steak n Shake and went to the 10:30 showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. I was sooo glad for Jeremy to see the last movie so that we could finally talk about it. He's a HP fan, but has never read any of the books. The last book was released the summer of 2007, so I've been waiting 4 years for us to be able to talk about how it ends. For any of you HP movie fans, I recommend reading the books. The movies leave out little details of the connections between characters and the history of the events that happened. Jeremy and I both felt a little sad that it was over. At least we've got Breaking Dawn to look forward to in a couple of months. I'm thinking that will be a mommy/daddy date night though. Don't plan on taking Hannah to see that one!
No comments:
Post a Comment