Jeremy had his surgery on Monday the 26th. I was quite surprised that he was talking almost normally in the recovery room. He said that it felt like a really sore throat. He even had me thinking that the week might not end up being so bad. UMMM, yeah right! Since he was still a bit loopy and unable to care for himself, I had to wake up every 4 hours to get him to drink and take a pain pill. That was rough! On Tuesday he still felt pretty decent, much to my surprise. Then on Wednesday it hit. He could barely swallow anything to drink and horrible isn't even a strong enough word to explain how he felt. He wasn't able to go back to work until this past Tuesday and still isn't up to par. His throat/stitches/scabs still bother him and he still gets tired more easily.
Last Sunday was our open house at Plano. Monday was opening day for teachers, and kids started on Tuesday. Our department spent the entire week trying to make schedules for the 4 of us and our 2 assistants and sorting through IEP's and folders. We THINK we have them figured out, but I'm sure when we start having classes tomorrow that we'll realize we've goofed somewhere. Even though I hated getting up early each day, it was nice to be back in a routine. I am very happy to report that there weren't any tears this week when I dropped Hannah off at Nana's and Mamow's! There were some tears a couple of times when I picked her up though!!
On Saturday Hannah and I had a girls day and headed to Beech Bend with free tickets that I won from WUHU. That makes 2 amusement parks that we visited this summer for free!!!! We'd never been to Beech Bend and I really didn't know what to expect. It reminded me of a big fair with the bonus of a water park. We rode a lot of rides, but not everything. Our favorite was the Crazy Mouse - a roller coaster ride. We also really liked the log ride, even though we wanted to get wet and ended up just getting sprinkled. There were some rides that Hannah wanted to ride and was tall enough to get on, but I just didn't feel comfortable taking her on by myself ( like Michael Jackson's Sea Dragon and the water slides). All of the water park wasn't open yet, but we enjoyed the lazy river and the wave pool. Lotta Watta Island was a bit intimidating with the ice cold water and fire hose strength spraying water. We'll certainly be going back next year - hopefully with more free tickets:)

1 comment:
Hannah should be used to playing with ALL boys! Bless her heart, she doesn't have much of a choice around us! I loved that she told everyone she bumped into "sorry"! That is too cute!!
Post a Comment