Monday, July 6, 2009

Holiday Festivities

Hannah was soo cute in her overalls that I had to take a picture before we headed to the dollar store. The secret to getting her to stand still and smile - telling her that I was taking pictures of her ball!!
Enjoying a sparkler.

Can you tell I told her to put her hands at her sides? She kept talking and I have decided it's impossible for her to talk without moving her hands!
Enjoying a sparkler.
Holding on tight to Daddy's hand.


Cooking marshmallows on the grill. This method didn't work to well. We took the grill rack off and it worked much better.





Jeremy, Hannah, and I had enjoyed a very laid back 4th of July. We all slept late, played outside for a bit, and then Hannah and I headed out to get ingredients to make smores. As soon as we walked in the door at DG she points to the fireworks and says, "sireworks (she still can't make the f sound) Momma I loooooove sireworks. There's so beautisul!" Jeremy and I had both been asking her if she wanted to watch fireworks for several days and at times she said they were too scary and other times she didn't seem interested. So, we hadn't bought any. Now at 2:30 on the 4th, she decides she wants some. We bought a 10.00 pack that had several fountains in it and some sparklers (which I was going to buy anyway just in case). Then we rented 2 movies from redbox and picked up MCD's for lunch. On our way back home, it started raining and it never stopped! Around 8:30 we grilled out for supper - steak marinated in soy sauce and pineapple juice and squash. We added a salad with Olive Garden dressing and we had ourselves a nice meal. Hannah even ate steak! Since it was STILL raining we set the fountains off on the edge of our covered back porch. Hannah was a bit scared and had to hold one of our hands, but soon was giggling and jumping up and down. I expected her to be a bit scared of the sparklers, but it didn't take her long to start dancing around with them. We roasted marshmallows the "city way" - using our gas grill. Hannah kept telling us that we needed a "campsire and a tent" and never really grasped the reason why we couldn't have a fire. Then it was movie time! Jeremy and I expected Hannah to fall asleep during the movie, but nope . . she watched the enitre movie with us. It was 12:30 am by the time the movie was over. We watched Seven Pounds with Will Smith. It was ok, but by far not the best movie he's ever been in.

The next morning we headed to Sunday School, at at the yum-yum restaurant (that's what Hannah calls it ) and nice long naps for all of us, the festivities started again. We watched the other movie (Taken - AWESOME!), grilled hot dogs, roasted marshmallows again, and ate on the back porch. It was a nice relaxing weekend. I love have family time:)




4 comments:

Heather said...

You can tell Hannah is very excited holding the sparkler. We didn't do the sparklers this time but the boys really enjoyed the "snappers." By the way, reading what you had to eat Saturday night makes me hungry. That sounds so good.

Nan said...

Ha! I wondered how you got her to pose for that picture! I knew there had to be a catch. Now, if I can only think of a bribe to get her to sing along at Sunday School :o) I'm working on it!

Tiffany Vincent said...

I LOVE the movie Taken-It was TERRIFIC & I was on the edge of my seat every minute of it! Jonathan had some sort of deal with his Direct TV-Rent one movie for $5, get one free....So, we rented Taken (I absolutely loved it and he didn't like it one bit) and a few days later we rented The Curious Case of Benjamin Button for free. I LOVED it too, and once again he didn't like it. It is a really great movie even though it is almost 3 hours long. I like unique topics like that and I'd never seen or heard of another movis like it...not to mention that the star is Brad Pitt!
P.S. I LOVEEEE Hannah's overalls! So adorable!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like my kind of weekend! Hannah has the prettiest eyes!! :o)